After beating Palmeiras 3-0 last Wednesday (8), Flamengo ranked in G4 of the Brazilian Championship. With 56 points, the red and black team is in fifth place, two points behind fourth place Red Bull Bragantino. Gávea’s speech focuses on the Libertadores, but the victory against Palmeiras also put Flamengo back in the title fight.
Tite’s team has one game less compared to the others and this match is precisely a direct confrontation with Red Bull Bragantino. The match was postponed because the Maracanã was closed for the Libertadores final.
Flamengo therefore has six matches valid for the Brazilian championship, four of which are at home. In addition to facing Massa Bruta, the team also faces Atlético-MG, another team fighting for a direct place in the Libertadores.
Flamengo’s next matches for the Brazilian championship
- Flamengo x Fluminense – 11/11, Maracana
- Flamengo x RB Bragantino – 23/11, Maracanã
- America-MG x Flamengo – 25/11, Independência
- Flamengo x Atlético-MG – 29/11, Maracanã
- Flamengo x Cuiabá – 02/12 (to be confirmed), Maracanã
- São Paulo x Flamengo – 06/12 (to be confirmed), Morumbi
(published by Ana Cristina Schwambach)